<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

Scheduling...

Here's a summary:
1/19 - lists come out
1/25 - grace period for trading ends
1/26 - rookie holds chosen
1/27 - rookie draft begins
3/12 - holds due
3/19-21 - draft?

1. Lists: New lists will be out by the 19th (that's right) according to Jeff Barton from Scoresheet. You should have all gotten that message. The 19th-25th is a grace period for trading guys in their 2003 league. ie Lou could trade Sheffield to another NL team until the 25th. After that Sheffield is on Byrd's team in the AL, as he will be on the 2004 lists. As soon as the lists come out, you'll probably want to go to www.scoresheet.com and have a look. I'll put links from the blog.

2. Rookie drafts: We're going to have two rookie drafts - one for AL and one for NL. Right after the lists come out, I'll update the blog with a list of rookies and what teams they are currently on. Holds will be due the 26th of January and then we'll do the rookie drafts one at a time. I think, since we've had some problems with that before, people should just email me with their pick - I will confirm it, since there is a lot of confusion, often - and then I'll post it. This way we won't have the problem of someone making a bad pick and then other people picking before I can tell everyone that it was a bad pick.

3. March 12 for holds due? Anyone have a problem with that?

4. Draft. We need to schedule our online draft(s). The weekend of the 19-21 of March is probably best. Scoresheet, I'm sure would rather we do it sooner, but I think it is ok. We certainly can't do it later. What are people's preferences? Friday night for one, Saturday night for the other? Saturday and Sunday? Days?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?