<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 22, 2004

I think an experiment gone horribly wrong has turned Randy into a hideous Billy Beane/Dusty Baker mutation.

Maybe he is just subscribing to the Dan O'Dowd plan. First it was the "pitching, pitching, and Andy Ashby" plan. Then it was the "My current baseball knowledge is vast...I can just count on it while I take a 3-year sabbatical and let Bocachica and Cammack develop" plan. Maybe after the "Let's trade Beckett and Vlad for veteran leadership" plan did not pan out he opened his mail, found an advanced copy of Moneyball and decided to give this newfangled sabre-toothedmetrics thingy a whirl. With that being said, am I alone in thinking Swisher and Jeremy Brown are "stretches" at this point of the rookie draft?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?