<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

First game of the year
Last night I saw the Cubs and Pirates at PNC. It was a beautiful night though it rained slightly from the 5th through the 7th. I got there early during BP and hung out at the wall as Greg Maddux ran all over the place covering all of left field while all the young pitchers stood around. Maddux came over a couple of times and joked with me and some other guys. Mark Prior came right over to me and signed autographs. I feel funny about bothering guys for autographs, etc. so I just wished Prior to get healthy soon. The game itself was a slaughter as the Cubs won 9-1. The small crowd made the hecklers a lot louder so sitting in right field I heard a lot of clever witticisms like, "Hey Sammy, why don't you use some cork?" and "Hey Sammy, you use steroids!" and "Hey Sammy, go back to Columbia." <- this last sentiment is expressed in a white male's impression of a latino accent. Ah, baseball. It couldn't exist without these guys I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?