<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another Legendary Rant

Years ago, I was analyzing the upcoming football season when I looked at a team that was about to take a huge leap forward. To my eye, they were adding the best running back in football, Marshall Faulk, potentially adding the best WR in football (Isaac Bruce returning from 2 injury-plagued campaigns following 2 of the greeates receiving seasons ever), and adding a quality QB, Trent Green (though he later got hurt) who had a successful year for a terrible Skins squad the prior year. To me, that looked like a juggernaut offense. It was. I made a ton of money on SBG Global gambling on them on-line. But I have major regrets.

6 weeks into the season, John Madden said "Nobody could hve predicted the Rams breaking-out and anyone that tells you otherwise is a liar." Bullshit John Madden. I did. Unfortunately, nobody believes I called that shot anymore than Madden.

So I must now go out on another limb and predict superstardom over the next couple of years for the most under-rated player in baseball. A man loved by nobody. A man who cannot even make under-rated lists. A man who stat-analysts say that you should not believe his stats! You may laugh. I may fall flat on my face. But I will have faith in my read.

OPS Age Name

.922 28 Andruw Jones
.918 36 Jim Edmonds
.912 23 David Wright
.911 25 ?????
.905 35 Brian Giles
.879 31 Bob Abreu

Pretty good company...and he has age on his side. Chad Tracy hit in the minors. Chad Tracy hit in the majors. Baseball Prospectus loves to tout minor leaguers hitting doubles as future home run hitters. But in Tracy's case they cry fluke. It isn't like Tracy stopped hitting other XBH's as 38 combined 2B/3B is pretty good to go with 27 HR in 80-100 less plate appearances than other top hitters.

You heard it hear first: Chad Tracy. Superstar.

Comments:
Published on rotowire.com last month:

Tracy was moved from his natural third base position thanks to Troy Glaus' arrival last year, then got squeezed out of playing time at first base by Tony Clark's miracle year. Yet he still produced. With the trade of Glaus to the Blue Jays, Tracy will start at third base and his imposing power numbers make him a budding superstar.

In another top-secret breaking exclusive from Slave: "Expect good things from youngster Albert Pujols of the Cardinals. Most people are overlooking his career OPS of 1000+ but not me. I expect a solid season from Mr. Albert Pujols."
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?