<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Here we go! Brewers vs. Reds, Opening Day

Well, had to have my first taste of baseball this year soured by Suzyn Waldman on WCBS for the Yankees. Yankee broadcasts are well produced though (and oddly with a much stronger signal than WTMJ) and I can even tolerate John Sterling now. Still, it's great to hear Cory Provus and Bob Uecker.

So, who do we got today? Gallardo vs. Volquez at my least favorite ballpark I've ever been to, the stupid GAP where the views are angled and uncomfortable and you don't get a pencil with your scorecard. Gallardo is a much better pitcher than Volquez. The Brewers' power and patience should be able to get Volquez out before the 5th inning. Still, you never know until they play.

I'd thought the Reds had a better lineup than the Crew and bullpen, but even with Corey Hart out/Mark Kotsay in and the presence of other weak bats like Betancourt and Gomez and Nieves, I like the Brewers lineup core versus the Reds today.

Here's the first pitch! Yeah! Let's have some fun out there!

(ps called strike on Weeks)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?