<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Little Things That Help You Win Ballgames

I never heard (or saw for that matter) a triple-play live as it happened before. That changed this morning as I listened to last night's game. I know technically it isn't "live" but since it's all new to me, I don't see why it's a problem. I was just thinking about Josh Wilson. First, how I groaned to hear his name in the lineup. Second, how I was appreciating him faking out Matt Kemp to keep him at second base on Juan Rivera's hit... faking getting a throw from the catcher while the ball went into the gap.

Then, he started another double-play and then Kemp took off for home only to be nailed by Big Prince at the plate. Big Prince has had some tough games defensively lately so it's cool to see him being alert and accurate.

It doesn't really feel like a triple-play though since it was mostly because Kemp tried to stretch a base, but I guess it still is, right? One play, three outs?

According to Uecker, George Bamberger on the triple-play: "That can really take you out of an inning in a hurry."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?