<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 30, 2012

CD-4

OK, so maybe I thought I blew the streak by posting but I can't go into this season scared. Now, the Sox have to win tonight to finish the month at .500, which seems like it would be an amazing morale boost after being down so much. Two games under would feel like a let-down. I know it's only symbolic.

Anyway, I wasn't real keen on Buchholz's chances since he's been so awful this year. It was a beautiful night and instead of staying in to work and listen to the game, I took a long walk to the South Side to watch Cabin in the Woods (*highly recommended but don't watch any trailers*) and then had a frightening walk home.

Just tuned in... saw the Sox were up by 5, but it was top of the 8th, bases loaded with Oakland A's and their #3 hitter up. The fate of the Cuccaros is legendary -- turning a game on JUST as our team blows a lead. So, I felt fairly sure the lead was about to be blown. First pitch I hear, ground ball up the middle -- Pedroia double play. Booyah! Just like in Statis Pro... Clutch Defense - Second Base.

Three more outs to go. Shall I risk fate even more and just call this one a win. Sure!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?