<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Streakers

I didn't really give up on the team. I've just been busy and then I didn't want to interrupt the 5-game winning streak. Tonight I've just finished watching the Pirates' Josh Harrison break up a 9th inning bid for Justin Verlander's third no-hitter.

Now, the Phillies are getting ready to bring in Papelbon against the Sox with a two-run lead. I never loved Papelbon. He was amusing, but he was an unlikable celebrity.

So, I was going to post that song "The Streak" but then I realized it's by Ray Stevens, who has become a right-wing nut-job so he doesn't need any publicity from me. But here's my point:

1-5, 3-0, 0-5, 6-0, 2-9, 6-1. That's the season leading up to tonight. If they can't pull it out against Papelbon, things don't bode well for the next week...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?