<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

L, L, L, W, L, L, L, L, Aceves with a 1-run lead?

That's the last nine games, including tonight. I believe this streak coincides with the arrival of Diablo III at my house and the realization that I can stream the ballgame in a browser while playing Diablo III. Maybe I should stop doing that.

We're 6.5 out, 3 games below .500 now. The broadcasts remind me of the worst of the Cubs years where Harry Caray would pine when a Cub was on third, "Oh for a wild pitch right now..." That's how it feels.

At the same time, there is that sense of inevitability in every Yankee game where no matter how much they are losing, they'll just win somehow. A friend of mine was crowing on Facebook about a walk-off win against the Mets and it made me think that it's similar somehow to rooting for cancer. Yeah, it wins in the end. Congratu-freakin-lations for picking that horse.

OK. Aceves did it. Buchholz is responsible for both wins in the past 9 games. That's good news, I guess. I wish they could have a decent top of a month.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?