<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Playoff Tickets! 

I got lucky with scoring a few of the hottest tickets in town. Jessica and I both registered for pre-sales and got emails on Monday saying that Tuesday we'd have a chance to buy tickets with a specific code at noon. Noon came and no email. Friends were posting that they were buying tickets but nothing for me.  Then Jessica forwarded her email and I dove in. The only options were the Wild Card game, NLDS Game 1 and NLDS Game 2, which makes sense. Those are the most likely options. There was nothing available for the Wild Card in any quantity so I managed to get 1 seat down the right-field line in a pretty good spot. For NLDS Game 1, the best available was Standing Room Only so I got two there. I didn't try for NLDS Game 2 because my friend Jerry said I could buy two from him. So, theoretically, I can attend all three of these whenever they are.

I didn't expect to care. I had been pretty blase about it. But when it came time, I was a madman. Afterward, I was so keyed up it was hard to concentrate on anything. Playoff Tickets. In Pittsburgh. Let's do it!!!

Meanwhile, the Bucs have been crapping the cot versus the Padres but Cutch just turned around a 1-0 deficit to a 2-1 lead going into the bottom of the 8th, after Walker reached by striking out on a wild pitch. This is only their second hit today. Padres have been doing a number on them while the Cards, Reds, and Nationals have been cruising. Hopefully this turns it around.

Fast games left time for only one sketch tonight:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?